|Easy Shredded Beef Over Rice (adapted from myrecipes.com)
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
1 (4-lb.) boneless top chuck roast
2 teaspoons fajita seasoning (see recipe below)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 (14 1/2-oz.) cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
2 cups water
4 cups hot cooked rice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Rub both sides of roast evenly with fajita seasoning.
2. Cook roast in hot oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until browned on all sides.
3. Combine stewed tomatoes and 2 cups water; pour over roast in Dutch oven. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 4 hours or until roast is tender. Remove roast, and shred using 2 forks.
4. Skim fat from tomato liquid in Dutch oven, and discard. Stir shredded beef into tomato liquid.
5. Combine rice and parsley. Serve beef mixture over rice.
Homemade Taco or Fajita Seasoning Mix
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
Mix all ingredients together and store in a dry place.