1 clove garlic
1 (19 ounce) can garbanzo beans, half the liquid reserved
4 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons tahini (see recipe below)
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
black pepper to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a food processor, chop the garlic.
- Pour garbanzo beans into food processor, reserving about a tablespoon for garnish.
- Place lemon juice, tahini, chopped garlic and salt in food processor. Blend until creamy and well mixed.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium serving bowl. Sprinkle with pepper and pour olive oil over the top. Garnish with reserved garbanzo beans.
4 Tbsp sesame seed
1 tsp sesame oil
½ tsp sea salt
1-2 Tbsp warm water
- Lightly toast sesame seeds in a small pot over a stove on low heat. This should not take more than 5 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Grind your sesame seeds in the coffee grinder until smooth. Add in sesame oil and salt and grind again.
- Slowly add in water, about a tsp at a time until you are pleased with the texture.
- If you prefer a more runny texture – add a bit more water.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.