Thanks for checking out my blog and contest! I hope you’ll find a new recipe to make for dinner this week, and enjoy the stories (coming soon!) of mommies who have adapted their cooking and lives for little ones with food allergies. If you’re curious how the blog came about, check out the story here.
Basically, my friends and I (most of whom have allergies in our families) have put our heads together to come up with all the delicious recipes we have that are free of the major allergens (milk, egg, nuts, peanuts, wheat, soy, and shellfish). What the heck CAN you use in these recipes, you’re probably thinking? Well, chicken, meat, fruits and veggies, basically! But keep in mind we do use “allergy-free” substitutes; there is dairy-free butter, rice milk, rice pasta, rice flour/cornstarch, etc. Believe it or not all of the recipes you can view on the right are all allergy-friendly! And I bet without even realizing it you have a great allergy-free recipe in your repertoire!
As you’ve probably guessed, we’d love to kick off the blog with a little contest to generate some MORE yummy recipes to help out other families. Send along a recipe you have… never know – it just might win! 🙂
Here are a few rules…
- If you use part of an existing recipe, tell us where it came from.
- It can be any meal or dessert, and it doesn’t need to be a complex recipe. (Think meat marinades, roasted vegetable combinations, etc. )
- It can’t include any milk, egg, nuts, peanuts, wheat, soy, or shellfish. But you can substitute rice milk, dairy-free butter, rice flour, rice pasta, etc.
- Entries must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 1. The winner will be announced September 15.
- There will be 3 Honorable Mentions and a Grand Prize winner. The Grand Prize winner gets a year subscription to Kiwi Magazine. And lots and lots of fame :).
Thanks for your help! Hope you enjoy the blog!