I haven’t made this, but my sister Julie, her hubby, and their two-year old loved it. That is good enough for me! She got this recipe from realsimple.com.
- 4 ounces penne (1 1/4 cups) (you could use rice pasta if desired)
- 4 ounces green beans, halved crosswise (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup canned red or kidney beans, rinsed (Julie was out of them so I lent her pintos…worked great too)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan (2 ounces) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt and black pepper
Julie’s notes: I changed a few things. I make the vinaigrette in the big bowl I’m going to serve in. I use: the juice 1 lemon, 3 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 tablespoon dijon, 1 tsp honey, salt, pepper. I don’t let the pasta and green beans cool – I put them right into the dressing. Then I add the red beans and the parsley and mix it all up. I don’t add the parmigiana cheese until I’m ready to serve – so you can just use it as a garnish in case of allergies. It doesn’t need the cheese to be delicious. And the two beans plus pasta are very filling – Dan didn’t need anything to go with it.